For many people the garage is the place to mindlessly store stuff just to get it out of the way, and before you know it, you’ve got a cluttered mess on your hands.
Can you even park your car in your garage?
Here are five steps toward organizing your garage for good.
1. Make a plan: What do you want you garage to be? Is it a workshop, a storage space, or a place to park your car? Before you roll up your sleeves and get to work, decide on a plan for your garage’s primary use, and prioritize around that goal.
2. Be vigilant with clutter: There might be items in your garage that you haven’t touched in years—you’ve probably even forgotten they’re in there. It’s easy to justify keeping items when you’re in the moment, but look a the big picture. If you can’t remember the last time you used an item, it’s probably ready to be thrown out, recycled, donated, or sold.
3. Make use of vertical space: Garages often have space in the ceiling where you can hang your gear or even store some boxes. Store the rarely used items—like holiday decorations—higher up and out of the way.
4. Keep common items accessible: On the other hand, you don’t want it to be a hassle to get to the things you use often. Create a specific place for each item that is easy to reach.
5. Stay vigilant: Now that you garage is properly organized, be more mindful of what you’re adding to it. If there’s something new that’s important, choose a specific place for it. If it’s just junk, go through the extra effort to just get rid of it!
Interested in buying a home with a garage? As your REALTOR®, I will guide you through the home selling and buying process. Let me help you sell or find your new Denver home. Call me today at 720.675.7355 or email me at donnahansenion (@) gmail.com.
Author:James Cavoto Phone: 720-625-1688 Dated: December 1st 2016 Views: 1,560 About James: ...
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.
Engel & Völkers is one of the world’s leading service companies specialized in the brokerage of premium residential property, commercial real estate, yachts, and aircraft. Based in over 800 locations in total, Engel & Völkers offers both private and institutional clients a professionally tailored range of services. Consultancy, sales, and leasing form the core competencies of the staff of more than 11,000 people. The Company is currently operating in over 30 countries on five continents.
Since 1977, we have been the select provider of high-end premium real estate services throughout Europe, Asia, and North America. We use the latest technologies, manage an extensive network of exclusive listings and potential buyers, partner with influential media outlets, and employ the highest-caliber agents who strive to represent our distinguished brand.
Our style o f doing business originates from our early success as a luxury property agency. We maintain the same standards of quality and service in everything we do.
Engel & Völkers, Real Estate Advisors Representing And Promoting The World’s Finest Properties Since 1977
33 Countries | 11,000+ Real Estate Advisors | 800+ Shops | 5 Continents
Over the last 30 years, active listings have stood as an important mea
"Dave Hansen did a great job selling my house in Denver in a very difficult market. I had moved to Vancouver, WA, three years prior, so the whole transaction was handled over the phone and online. Overall, despite some bumps in the road, Dave got the job done - without having to resort to a short sale or foreclosure. Dave is a skilled negotiator, and he went above and beyond the call of what I would expect from a Realtor. If you area in the market to buy or sell a house in the Denver metro area, then I recommend that you hire Dave Hansen as your Realtor"